Cantonwine, et. al. v. John G. Mehos et. al.
CHAFFEE COUNTY DISTRICT COURT
Case No. 2018CV30021
NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION, PROPOSED SETTLEMENT, AND HEARING
IF YOU RENTED ONE OF THE DEFENDANTS’ APARTMENTS LOCATED AT 102-120 D STREET, 233 E. FIRST STREET, OR 117 1/2 F STREET IN SALIDA, COLORADO, FROM APRIL 25,2015 TO THE PRESENT, THIS CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.
A Chaffee County District Court Authorized The Notice.
This Is Not Solicitation From A Lawyer.
You may be a Class Member in one of more of the three proposed settlement classes:
• One for negligence and premises liability claims for people who resided at the D Street apartments on May 2, 2017.
• One for any person whose security deposits was not returned after renting one of Defendants’ apartments in Salida located at 102-120 D Street apartments, 233 E. 1st Street, and 117 ½ F Street from April 24, 2017 to present.
• One for any person who rented an apartment from Defendants at 102-120 D Street apartments, 233 E. 1st Street, and 117 ½ F Street from April 24, 2015 to present
• You may be eligible to obtain a payment based upon your tenancy at one of the addresses listed above. You must qualify and submit a valid Claim Form in order to obtain a payment.
• YOU WON’T RECEIVE COMPENSATION UNLESS YOU FILE A CLAIM BY NOVEMBER 25, 2023. Click HERE to file an electronic claim form. If you did not receive the Notice and believe you are a Class Member click HERE to download a claim form and email to: MehosSettlement@atticusadmin.com.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||This is the only way to get a cash payment. Postmark or submit your Claim Form by November 25, 2023.|
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF||Get no settlement benefits. Remove yourself from both the Settlement and the lawsuit. Postmark your exclusion request by August 28, 2023.|
|OBJECT||Write to the Court about why you don’t like Settlement. File and serve your objection by November 25, 2023.|
|GO TO A HEARING||Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.|
|DO NOTHING||Get no cash payment. Give up your rights.|
• These rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained further in the Notice.
• The Court in charge of this litigation still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement of this case. Distribution of settlement benefits will be made if the Court approves the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.